From SME businesses, through to the largest employers in the Turks and Caicos Islands, Misick & Stanbrook’s employment team expertly advises clients through the delicate employment environment. With years of experience in the field of employment law, Misick & Stanbrook’s employment team are leading experts in this arena developing an outstanding knowledgeable and tactful approach to contentious and non-contentious employment issues within the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Misick & Stanbrook approaches employment matters with a commercial acumen that complements the HR strategies of its clients. Misick & Stanbrook understands the local employment environment and applies its knowledge, wisdom and understanding to achieving the quickest most cost effective solution possible, for its clients.
Misick & Stanbrook provides a full range of employment advice to clients including:
- Immigration issues
- Preparation of employee handbooks and policies
- Preparation of employment contracts
- Performance management
- Investigation and disciplinary issues
- Termination of the employment relationship
- Conciliation of disputes and dispute resolution
- Remuneration and compensation of employees
- Appearance before the Labour Tribunal
Misick & Stanbrook’s employment team regularly appears before the Labour Tribunal, the Turks and Caicos Islands Supreme Court and the Turks and Caicos Islands Court of Appeal in contentious employment matters. Misick & Stanbrook’s employment team are highly skilled in representing its clients’ interests (both employers and employees) in the following areas:
- Unfair dismissals
- Disputes following redundancy
- Hours of work, overtime, minimum wage and periods of rest
- Employment contract disputes
- Violations of the Employment Ordinance and Employment Order.
- Discrimination regarding race, sex, religion, colour, ethnic origin, indigenous population, national extraction, social origin, political opinion, disability, family responsibilities, pregnancy, marital status and age
Misick & Stanbrook firmly believes that good training mitigates business’s exposure to protracted litigation and costly settlements. Misick & Stanbrook provides seminars to the corporate community on various employment related issues including best practice and preventative measures. Misick & Stanbrook regularly provides tailored training sessions for individual corporate entities on a range of employment issues.