CHANGES TO TCI IMMIGRATION LAW TO BE IMPLEMENTED
On 1st November 2013, an amendment of the Immigration Regulations is to come into force which mainly impacts on the cost of working and residing in the TCI. It is important for individuals as well as businesses to be aware of the changes which will be brought in by virtue of the Immigration (Amendment No. 2) Regulation 2013.
The changes include:
- Applications for the renewal of work permits to be filed at least 30 days before the expiration of the permit. Failure to do so will incur a penalty fee of $250.
- The fee for dependents will be increased to $500 each.
- The fee on applications for a residence permit for the spouse of a Belonger will be increased to $500 ($300 for each child).
- New types of entry visas and applicable fees will be introduced.
- A special fee of $500 will be introduced where a fast track request is made for the processing of an application for a permit within 7 days of the application being made.
- The fees for temporary work permits will be increased. In most cases, this will be $700.
“The information provided in this article does not constitute legal advice and is not intended by the authors or Misick & Stanbrook to do so.
Before relying on any information or opinion in any article appearing on the Misick & Stanbrook website, you ought first to obtain advice on your particular circumstances from your Misick & Stanbrook professional.”